Valstir offers its customers a reference point for logistics management in customs, from storage and processing to shipping, and also by interfacing online sales; all this is managed and dealt with in real time. Clothing companies, when stocking up with raw materials, semi-finished and finished garments from new international overseas markets, find in Valstir the ideal partner to manage import-export and all the logistics operations. A partner in the Group www.stireriedelgarda.eu"
Project: Automatic storage for hanging garments
Solution: Implementation of WMS Stockager®
- number of dedicated locations: 1,400
- number of Skus handled: 50,000
- stock management with automatic hanging garment transport system
- incoming goods per month: 100,000 pieces
- outgoing goods per month: 85,000 pieces
The new warehouse, located in the new Valeggio sul Mincio (VR) industrial zone, is in a strategic point on the highways between the Verona and Mantua provinces and just a few minutes away from the Modena-Brenner motorway - ideal for reaching all parts of north Italy.
SOLUTION: STOCKAGER® CONFIGURED TO MEASURE
Stockager® is Beta 80 Group's proprietary platform used for managing the Valstir warehouse. The warehouse, completely automated on several levels, was designed and created for complete management of all logistics facilities - storage, packing and distribution. It is customized for the client, so as to guarantee a high level of efficiency and reduction in costs, both for large customers and for those who handle small quantities. The storage plant is created on three self-supporting floors. The conveyor chain system links the ground floor (reception area) to the various storage floors. Directing to the floors is controlled by an automatic transport system. The intermediate installation measures 30x20 m. on the ground floor, with three mezzanine floors managed by barcode, giving a covering surface of ¼ of the overall warehouse surface.
Clients who arranged to have their logistics operations managed by Valstir experienced the following benefits:
- immediate recovery of transit times for garments from extra-EU countries, thanks to the fast processing of garments in customs suspension
- immediate discounts from suppliers in the case of non-compliant goods and their possible renewal
- immediate management of operations, with removal of goods in the season changeover period
- outsourcing of internal logistics, with consequent reduction in management costs
BETA 80 GROUP - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT DIVISION
The Supply Chain Management Division develops services and solutions for controlling production and distribution processes, with particular emphasis on advanced logistics systems. The development of Warehouse Management and Supply Chain Management systems is divided into three specific areas:
- logistics systems that allow for automatic installations. In this context, we work closely with primary companies in the sector, creating WMS and MFC systems according to agreed specifications
- managing warehouses, both traditional and using RF. In these projects the Stockager® proprietary platform is implemented
- a direct presence internationally. The partnerships with RedPrairie and Soloplan ensure international coverage of clients in all project contexts: WMS, Transportation Management & Planning, WorkForce Management, Yard Management, and Third Party Billing
- extrapolation in various formats (ASCII, .CSV, etc.) of the data managed by Beta 80 Group to create interface specifications and automation with the company's administrative processes