Technology & Operations
Managed Services/OSS Support
GENERATE VALUE WITH APPLICATION MAINTENANCE
Software maintenance is of strategic importance in the Telco market and in the supply of broadband connectivity services for ensuring a high level of service. Beta 80 has developed a specific application maintenance service for its customer, a leader of the Telco sector, which optimises the operational activities and maximises the results.
24/7 SUPPORT WITH A SPECIALISED TEAM
½Beta 80 has set up specialised support to optimise the customer’s services that is aimed at:
- forming an operation and maintenance group for the custom applications, developed specifically for the customer, that can guarantee 24-hour-a-day service and quickly become integrated in the internal support flow going to the corporate customers
- controlling and, where possible, reducing the budget for the operational activities (operation & application maintenance), in addition to resolving incidents, by relying on a services contract (selective outsourcing) with a definite time table and costs
- retaining the organisational governance of the service and acquiring an appropriate level of control over operations by managers, with the creation and management of an independent work group, set up and coordinated by a Service Operation Manager.
SAVINGS ON COSTS, GREATER PERCEIVED QUALITY½
The priority was given to initially starting up the operational and service maintenance of the application in connection with the Internet services, by setting up 24-hour-a-day support consisting of daytime supervision with extended business hours and a night-time and holiday availability service. Afterwards, the support activity was extended to other critical business application areas.
Setting up the Beta 80 Group support team allows the customer to get the following benefits:
- a 24/7 supervision and operational service,
- control of the operating expenses through a selective outsourcing agreement
- ongoing improvement of the quality of the service perceived by the internal departments
- sharing of the group’s knowledge by creating a knowledge base of operating procedures
- sharp improvement in the service response time
- elimination of the backlog of tickets performed
- • increase in reliability, stability and usability of the controlled applications.