Technology & Operations
Managed Services/Service Desk
SERVICE PROVIDED TO USERS: IMAGE, REPUTATION, BUSINESS
A company that provides high added value services has to guarantee its users high quality standards. Effective monitoring of the services is the first step taken toward consolidating your image and augmenting your good reputation with customers. Discover how Beta 80 has created a new synergetic view of services.
OPTIMISE OPERATING PROCEDURES AND WORK LOADS
½Rationalise operating procedures.
Optimise work loads.
Monitoring is the first line of control over applications and infrastructures for a telecommunications operator that provides high added value services. In order to rationalise the activity and intervention procedures, the customer company singled out specific objectives such as:
- select a single supplier in the entire monitoring area to standardise the operating procedures within the entire Service Desk
- implement a range of innovations and rationalisations aimed at improving management of the service
- control the intervention volumes and optimise the operating procedures.
Beta 80 Group has carried out due diligence of the services, after which the guidelines of the project and definition of the milestones for meeting the goals were drawn up. Specifically, the level of maturity of the processes was also mapped. The areas of intervention were:
- definition of all operating procedures to ensure uniformity in the operating phase
- in-depth analysis of the work loads to optimise interventions, with a heavy thrust toward automation in order to reduce each operator’s work load
- rationalisation of the processes underlying the activity to make the everyday operations supporting the internal customers smoother
- establishment of interviews of internal customers and internal suppliers and drawing up of a service catalogue
- overall increase in the level of quality by moving incoming requests on automated procedures, with the result of freeing up resources and better managing all the processes.
Thanks to the intervention of the three Beta 80 monitoring teams, the customer has obtained the following benefits:
- actual reduction of service costs
- decreased operator load and consequent increase in the level of quality of the service
- production of monthly and quarterly management reports
- beginning of an active work load management phase
- • monitoring of customer satisfaction.